High Altitude of Arizona Elite Team
Issa Kosgei, Uganda
DOB June 22, 1996
- 5000M 14:00
- 10K CC 29:33
- Half Marathon 62:45
Issa Kosgei is training to compete at the highest level and to represent his country in international competition. Issa is a valuable member of the Elite Team. We are proud to have him represent our organization. Issa understands the importance of sustainability and its connection to global issues, human health, and performance. He is actively sourcing organic food for the Elite Team training base in Kapchorwa, Uganda and helping the organization to establish a network of organic farmers in that area.
Najim Mahmoud, United States
DOB April 11, 1997
- 5000m 14:37
- USATF Men’s Mountain Running Championship 2019 18th place US men’s division
- Junior Olympic 3000m National Champion
- Junior Olympic All American Cross Country 4th place
“With the support of High Altitude Training of Arizona, I am pursuing my goals as an elite athlete in mountain running, skyrunning, and back country trail. I am grateful for this opportunity to represent a sustainable future, and clean athletics.”
Sam Cherop, Uganda
DOB. January 19,1997
- 5.000m 13:54
- 10,000m 27:39
- 10 miles 47:51
New to the Elite Team, Sam Cherop is excited about sustainable living and learning how it connects with global well being and how it impacts athletics.
Sam is pursuing the Olympic qualifying standard for 10,000m and is grateful for the support of High Altitude Training of Arizona.
We welcome him to the Elite Team!
Joshua Kiplangat, Uganda
DOB: April 4, 1993
- 10km 29:20
- 21km 63:00
“I wish to pursue my goals as a professional athlete. I am working to become the best in international competitions and to represent my country. I am grateful for sponsorship and support and will promote the mission of High Altitude Training of Arizona to advance human potential”
Yosef Teka Mitiku, Ethiopia
DOB November 6, 1986
- 400m- 46:33
- 5k- 14:14
- 10k- 29:51
Yosef Teka Mitiku is a big advocate for holistic methods for maintaining health and drug free clean athletics. High Altitude Training of Arizona welcomes his insights and knowledge and are grateful for his representation of the organization as an athlete. Yosef is pursuing a transition from middle distance to distance in the coming year.
Saidi Juma Makula, Tanzania
DOB Aug 1 , 1994
- 10km 28:46
- 10mile 48:49
- Half Marathon 63:15
- Marathon 2:11:58
“I am focusing on improving my personal bests as a world-class athlete and representing my country in international competitions. I am thankful to have the support of High Altitude Training of Arizona as I continue to work hard to achieve accomplishments that will inspire my community, my children, and the next generation. I represent clean athletics and sustainable living for a better future.”
Sebei Boniface, “Azbel “, Uganda
D. O. B. : April 12, 1996
- 10K 29:40
- Half Marathon: 64:42
“I am excited to be a member of the Elite Team and to support the mission of clean athletics, sustainable living, and a healthy future for our community. I am thankful for the opportunity to be supported in my goals as a professional athlete and will do my best to represent the organization, my family, and my country “
Coach Nija Benjamin
High Altitude Training of Arizona welcomes coach BENJAMIN NJIA as Head Coach of the Elite Team.
BENJAMIN NJIA is a IAAF certified coach by IAAF, head coach for the UAF police camp, manager of the Ugandan National Team and a lifelong athlete with elite experience in distances 800-21k.
- Lead the UAF National Team at Rio Olympic Games 2016.
- Guided Joshua Cheptegei to a 2017 World Championship Silver in the 10,000m, and again in 2019, Njia brought Cheptagai to a Gold medal in 10,000m at the World Championships.
- National coach for the Ugandan World Cross Country Team, winning an individual Gold in Junior Men , and Team Uganda came second (Silver) overall.
- Coached Team Uganda for the Gold Coast 2018 Common Wealth Games, winning three medals – two Gold and one Bronze.
- Coached Team Uganda for World Cross Country 2019 and won Gold (Cheptagai) and Silver in senior men and a Team Gold, with an excellent performance from the Junior men’s team, taking Bronze and coming fourth in the Junior women’s division.
Coach Njia Benjamin
+256 787 879512