Nija Benjamin, Coach
Coach Nija Benjamin
High Altitude Training of Arizona welcomes coach BENJAMIN NJIA as Head Coach of the Elite Team.
BENJAMIN NJIA is a IAAF certified coach by IAAF, head coach for the UAF police camp, manager of the Ugandan National Team and a lifelong athlete with elite experience in distances 800-21k.
- Lead the UAF National Team at Rio Olympic Games 2016.
- Guided Joshua Cheptegei to a 2017 World Championship Silver in the 10,000m, and again in 2019, Njia brought Cheptagai to a Gold medal in 10,000m at the World Championships.
- National coach for the Ugandan World Cross Country Team, winning an individual Gold in Junior Men , and Team Uganda came second (Silver) overall.
- Coached Team Uganda for the Gold Coast 2018 Common Wealth Games, winning three medals – two Gold and one Bronze.
- Coached Team Uganda for World Cross Country 2019 and won Gold (Cheptagai) and Silver in senior men and a Team Gold, with an excellent performance from the Junior men’s team, taking Bronze and coming fourth in the Junior women’s division.
DATE OF BIRTH: